On Thu, 5 Oct 2023 17:20:37 +0000, Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:

>I'm saying that BPXBATCH is a shell and is not part of, e.g., EXEC.

BPXBATCH is not a shell. Most notably a shell language is missing.

> I'm also saying that the mere act of getting dubbed does not cause BPXBATCH
> to be involved.

Dubbing is the act of making UNIX features available to an address space. If
you use TCP in your TSO address space, it will get dubbed because TCP uses UNIX
features. BPXBATCH has nothing to do with TSO. It's simply an address space
that will obviously get dubbed.