On Tue, 10 Oct 2023 21:51:08 +0000, Farley, Peter  wrote:

>I concur, they have updated the contents of the 1Gb+ zip file to include the
>missing TOC file(s) without changing the external file name, but all the files
>inside are now dated 2023-10-09 instead of 2023-09-29, including the new TOC
>files.

There are several oversights here:

o I suspect the move the .pdf files from a rendering platform
  to another repository without preserving timestamps.

o The zip utility marks content with time of zip, not file timestamp.

o Windows has historically foolishly preferred local times
  rather than Universal.

I wrote a script that uses the "pdfinfo" freeware to extract pdf
timestamps and touch file times accordingly.

>I DL’d that same file on Friday 12/2 and it did NOT have the TOC files present.
>
>I guess they actually listened!

However with a regression to an unfriendly format that had been remedied
by 2.5: the anchors are inconveniently far away to the right.  Better would
be to make the titles anchors with HREF= attributes to the pdfs.

Where's Susan Shumway when we need her!?

--
gil