You're confusing dynamic IP addresses with dynamic VIPA. I've never seen DVIPA
use dynamic IP addresses.

A static IP address is an address that doesn't change. Many people incorrectly
assume it's assigned to a specific machine. You decide how this IP address is
used.

Talk with your IBM hardware / software reps because you may not even need to
involve your non-z/OS network people. The world has gone to smart routers and I
suspect IBM included IBM smart routers in your configuration. In that case,
everything is in your domain. It wouldn't be surprising if IBM smart routers
automagically changed with DVIPA requirements. I'm more familiar with Unix
these days which has seen improvements in high availability requirements.

If you must involve your network people, don't tell them more than they need to
know. You determine your DVIPA setup which is more about you than them. Let's
assume a simple scenario. Let's say you have 10 systems in a sysplex with IP
addresses 192.168.40.#. You have a static IP address 192.168.40.177 for DVIPA
that will be on one or more of those machines. How will you tell his router the
next hop for 192.168.40.177? Does he want to keep it simple and forward the
packets to the next available z/OS system and let z/OS forward it to the
correct system?

As for DNS, he defines 192.168.40.177 once. DNS doesn't care where or what
machine uses this address.

If you're network person is insistent about DVIPA, tell him to think about it
as a virtual network adapter but with more capabilities. This is all very
dependent upon how you will use DVIPA.