From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Laurence Chiu <lch...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2023 3:45 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Subject: Re: DVIPA question

That is exactly the situation, The second LPAR will be on the same CEC as
the first, share OSA adapters and be in a sysplex with XCF being the
mechanism to share the VIPA information. From my reading of the docs, when
the server application on the primary LPAR is shutdown, and an incoming
transaction arrives for it, TCP on the second LPAR will see the
primary host and dynamically route the transaction to the server on the
second LPAR. By making it dynamic we don't hae to worry about automation
moving the VIPA, we can let TCP do that.

The second LPAR will be in the same subset as the first.

Youi comment about OMPROUTE is noted.

Thanks