From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Paul Gilmartin <0000042bfe9c879d-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2023 12:42 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: z/OS 3.1 documentation

On Fri, 13 Oct 2023 21:17:14 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>On other browsers target=_blank opens a new tab, and I saw a message to the
>effect that there is no way around it. On my personal machines I can just use
>Chrome or Firefox, but my work laptop is locked down and I can only use
>approved software. I will eventually be migrated to W11; does that come with
>Chrome?

Conformity is too often the enemy of productivity.

Otherwise, in the 3.1 PDF metadata I see such as:
Title:           z/OS: z/OS Using REXX and z/OS UNIX System Services
Title:           z/OS: z/OS C Curses
Title:           z/OS: z/OS C/C++ Runtime Library Reference
Too many "z/OS: z/OS" for convenient searches.  If IBM were to argue that
PDF metadata aren't a user interface, I'd counter by saying they supply them
to users.  Titles in the metadata should match those on document covers.

--
gil