Jon Perryman wrote:
> Why would anyone want to do z/VM backups to a cloud?

There are lots of great reasons to do that! Also, I understood the request to
mean “cloud object storage” as the target. Cloud object storage can technically
reside anywhere. Public commercial clouds’ object storage pools only represent
a fraction of total cloud object storage.

Back to Arye Shemer....

Arye, if even a “baby” IBM TS7700 is not an acceptable option for whatever
reason(s) then my suggestion is to open a request for a product enhancement. I
think that’s probably best aimed at IBM Backup and Restore Manager for z/VM
since that seems like the most likely vehicle for this sort of functionality.
To open such a request please visit:

https://ideas.ibm.com

I see that IBM Backup and Restore Manager for z/VM is listed in the Product
field. Just type in “Backup and Restore” and it should pop up as an option.
Maybe that product could have another input/output handler (CLOUDOBJ?),
although it’d be up to the product team to consider (of course).

—————
Timothy Sipples
Senior Architect
Digital Assets, Industry Solutions, and Cybersecurity
IBM zSystems/LinuxONE, Asia-Pacific
sipp...@sg.ibm.com