I have no idea as to the answer to the question you asked but

1. A more relevant "it used to work" than the dates would be the z/OS release
numbers. "It worked under V2R5 but fails under V3R1" (or whatever).

2. As always with these things, an exact error message is a lot more likely to
lead to a solution than "we had issues."

CM