On Mon, 30 Oct 2023 18:09:13 +0000, Benik, John E  wrote:

>I ... we now are on 2.5 and have z/16s. ...
>
>IEB105I PARAMETER INVALID

The indexed PDF (for 3.1) readily finds that code:

Explanation
A parameter on the control statement just listed is too long or contains an
incorrect character.
Programmer response
Correct the control statement.

Wouldn't it be nice if the M&C included a hyperlink to the Syntax in the Ref.?

And a disjunction: "too long *or* contains an incorrect character"
It knows which.  It should specify which.  And the parameter and the
offending character.  I prefer messages that quote the statement in
error and highlight the point of error.  The parser had that information;
it shouldn't have discarded it.

--
gil