Here's some more info.  I've got a volume, that is online to our production
lpar and one of our test lpars.  If I run a full volume dump on my test lpar,
it uses 6.88 seconds of cpu time.  If I run the job on my production lpar, it
uses 20.86 cpu seconds.

Using Mainview and doing a trace of where it's spending it's time, the test
lpar trace shows that it is approx 62% of the samples were in IECVPST, followed
by 11.7% in IAXPQ, then 10.4% in ADRDTDS, etc.

On my production lpar, the order is completely different, with 39% being in
IAXPN, then 34% in IAXPQ then 11% in ADRDTDS and only 8% in IECVPST.

Why is it spending so much time in the IAXPN/IAXPQ modules?

Peter