-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Dean Kent
Sent: Monday, December 4, 2023 09:48

....As part of the employment agreement for this acquiring company we had to
sign a contract that stated anything we thought, said, did, wrote, or otherwise
created - whether at work or at home - while employed was owned by the
company....[But] State laws prevented them from snatching ownership for most of
what they were claiming.  California law, to the best of my knowledge, does
give the employer ownership of an invention/product if it was developed using
company resources, and/or