On Fri, 22 Dec 2023 15:07:33 -0800, Tom Brennan <t...@tombrennansoftware.com>
wrote:

>So are you implying that in z/OS there are environments where I can run
>a program without any built-in basic recovery?

I don't condone omitting recovery but CBTTAPE.ORG has many exits that do not
include any recovery. The vast majority of exit points have built-in recovery
which does a great recovery job. Someone mentioned JES exits but even those
even those exits mostly ask (not require) you simply set a return code.  IBM
avoids detrimental situations by disabling an exit if it has abended too often.