On Fri, 29 Dec 2023 13:10:27 +0000, Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:

>I'm not trying to setuup an ISPF application environment.; I'm trying to set
>up a TSO user environment.

TSO user environment limits your options. LIBDEF is not suitable because it is
lost or replaced at various times. ISPxUSR is not suitable because it is
searched first and requires LIBDEF.

>At other shops I've done it by reallocating the standard concatenations when
>the user libraries existed; I want an alternative to that.

I believe BPXWDYN has a CONCAT function. I believe it's a reallocation under
the covers but won't swear to that.