I do some zCP3000 work too, and to avoid the transfer of large amounts of SMF data, I ask the client to run the CP3KEXTR extract program which (as you know) takes only what is needed for zCP3000 and creates reasonably sized text files that can generally be emailed.

CP3KEXTR has an option to set its own interval, and for example, if SMF is set to 15 and the extract is set to 30, it looks like it averages SMF data and the resulting graphs are more "rounded" which of course I don't want. So I ask the user to set the extract number to 15, which so far with various clients, has matched their SMF interval.

Check out the peaks in this sample of the same 15 minute SMF data extracted with 30 and then 15:

https://www.mildredbrennan.com/mvs/extract30.png
https://www.mildredbrennan.com/mvs/extract15.png

If you happen to know, what happens if you start with 30 minute SMF data but specify 15 in the extract program? Does it complain or just spit out 30 minute results?