I have the EDITREXX part. That works. Only need help with the EMPTREXX issue.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Mark Zelden
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2024 4:54 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: EDIT MACRO REQUEST

CAUTION! EXTERNAL SENDER! STOP, ASSESS, AND VERIFY Do you know this person?
Were you expecting this email? If not, report it using the Report Phishing
Button!

On Tue, 9 Jan 2024 22:41:50 +0000, Steely.Mark <steely.m...@ace.aaa.com> wrote:

>I would like to check each member of a PDS and if it is empty (0 Lines) - I
>would like to add a line with the text of *NONE*.
>
>I would like to do this in batch using this format:
>
>//TSOBTCH1  EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01
>//SYSTSPRT  DD SYSOUT=*
>//SYSLIST   DD SYSOUT=*
>//ISPLOG    DD DSN=&ISPLOG,
>//             DISP=(NEW,PASS),UNIT=SYSALLDA,SPACE=(CYL,(1,1,10)),
>//             DCB=(RECFM=FB,BLKSIZE=3120,LRECL=80)
>//ISPPROF   DD DSN=&ISPPROF,
>//             DISP=(NEW,PASS),UNIT=SYSALLDA,SPACE=(CYL,(1,1,10)),
>//             DCB=(RECFM=FB,BLKSIZE=3120,LRECL=80)
>//ISPMLIB   DD DSN=ISP.SISPMENU,DISP=SHR
>//ISPPLIB   DD DSN=ISP.SISPPENU,DISP=SHR
>//ISPSLIB   DD DSN=ISP.SISPSENU,DISP=SHR
>//ISPTLIB   DD DSN=ISP.SISPTENU,DISP=SHR
>//ISPTABL   DD DSN=XXXXXX.ISPF.ISPTLIB,DISP=SHR
>//SYSPROC   DD DSN=XXXXXX.CLIST,DISP=SHR
>//SYSTSIN   DD *
>  PROFILE PREFIX(XXXXXX)
>  ISPSTART CMD(%EDITREXX XXXXXX.TSS.CTM.DATA(PADM3) EMPTREXX)
>  ISPSTART CMD(%EDITREXX XXXXXX.TSS.CTM.DATA(PPCT3) EMPTREXX)
>  ISPSTART CMD(%EDITREXX XXXXXX.TSS.CTM.DATA(PCO13) EMPTREXX)
>Etc......
>
>EMPTREXX -  would be the ISREDIT Macro to perform the task.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thank You

Not sure what part you need help with.  Probably the EMPTREXX,  which I will
leave to someone else to help you with as I don't have time, but if you need
help with the "EDITREXX" part, see "EDMACALL" on my web site / CBT file 434.
URL of my web site below.  The source code has a simple example of an edit
macro.

Regards,

Mark
--
Mark Zelden - Zelden Consulting Services - z/OS, OS/390 and MVS ITIL v3
Foundation Certified mailto:m...@mzelden.com Mark's MVS Utilities: