On Thu, 11 Jan 2024 13:03:07 +1100, Filip Palian <s3...@pjwstk.edu.pl> wrote:

>Passing secret material in the command line for long-running and daemon
>processes is never a good idea [;

I'm not condoning this an as you say, this isn't a good idea but my point was
it's a common practice in the UNIX and Windows environment. There are decent
solutions but unlike z/OS programmers, UNIX programmers are jack of all trades
(security, performance and ???) who make their own decisions.

I only brought this up because of the use cases for SSH -R option is not
obvious.