-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Steve Thompson
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2024 08:55

Along those lines, if you get an office 365 subscription, bundled into this is
one-drive. So unless you specifically save documents to a file server or on/in
your computer (you do not use a one-drive path) you are using M/$ cloud.

And what I have found is, if you turn off one-drive, Word, XL, and others have
problems with saving, restoring data. But not if you have them using a file
server. ?!? And this means as soon as you create a new
spreadsheet/document/powerpoint/etc. you have to do a "save as" to the file
server.

Now, enterprise users of windows & Office, whole nuther thing.