At the end, you mask specific fields (which are defined in records). The
method I offered is generic. The data for this logic is unstructured, and
the translation purpose is to identify possible texts and numbers the user
might wish to hide. A loop of TRANSLATE, VERIFY and OVERLAY does need
structured data.
Indeed, the OP didn't supply much info.
ITschak

*| **Itschak Mugzach | Director | SecuriTeam Software **|** IronSphere
Platform* *|* *Information Security Continuous Monitoring for Z/OS, zLinux
and IBM I **|  *

*|* *Email**: i_mugz...@securiteam.co.il **|* *Mob**: +972 522 986404 **|*
*Skype**: ItschakMugzach **|* *Web**: www.Securiteam.co.il  **|*