On Tue, 23 Jan 2024 07:54:50 -0600, Tom Marchant <m42tom-ibmm...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>"Obviously, you still need to restart ISPF to enable the new commands."
>
>It isn't obvious to me. For another example of modifying the command
>table dynamically, see Gilbert Saint-Fluor's FASTPATH command on the
>CBT tape. I use it regularly. Issuing the FASTPATH command within ISPF
>adds some commands to the command table and they are immediately usable.
>
>--

I use FASTPATH and also my own USERCMDS table, which at times I've had to
incorporate into SITECMDS or ISPCMDS depending on what the ISPF customization
is at the shop I'm at.

As far as adding them dynamically, on some systems I access rarely, I simply
use this
CLIST to add all "my stuff" after ISPF invocation.  So NO - you do not need to
restart ISPF.

http://www.mzelden.com/mvsfiles/ispcmdsa.txt

Best Regards,

Mark