In case the sync between CTM-T and OAM isn't real-time, you get some amount of
time to unscratch the tape in CTM-T.
As a last resort, there are some settings (sorry, I don't remember which ones)
in TS7700 that specify how long it keeps the scratched/deleted "tapes" around.
So if it comes to that, I believe IBM h/w support can get to the volume from
the SE interface (or whatever it's called) of TS7K and extract what you want.