One needs to understand that today's Large Language Model AI tools like ChatGPT, etc. are essentially driven by huge statistical databases created from processing huge volumes of digital text using some knowledge of sentence structure and words. Those tools can accept English-language queries and use words and phrases in the query to generate related-information responses with complete sentences and paragraphs that have a high probability of of being relevant to the query.

Current AI does not "understand" the information it holds, nor does it have a concept of "truth".   Even if you program the AI using books on COBOL grammar and semantics it won't "understand" COBOL.   Even if you feed it millions of lines of COBOL code it won't be able to deduce the underlying purpose of the code.  If there is an accurate description of what the code does accompanying the code, it can associate that description with a code segment; but if the description is inaccurate, AI may also associate the code with that bad description.   Inevitably  some of the code you might use to program the AI tool will contain bugs, and AI will be equally content to supply buggy code examples.

If your object is to generate optimized Assembler code which accurately replicates the behavior of a COBOL program, the best tool for that for the foreseeable future is an optimizing COBOL compiler for your target machine.  Such compilers are already doing flow analysis just to optimize loops and register usage, but I wouldn't call that "AI" in the usual sense of that term. Perhaps a well-programmed AI tool would suggest using a COBOL compiler if asked to convert a COBOL program to assembler -- in fact that is basically the response given by the MS Copilot tool when asked to perform that task for z-architecture; although you can see hints of its lack of understanding in that in includes in its response "IBM provides cataloged procedures (such as*IEBCOMPR*and*IEBCOPY*) to simplify JCL coding for COBOL compilation", where it includes gratuitous PROC examples that have nothing to do with COBOL rather than giving the names of actual COBOL compiler PROCs.

    Joel C. Ewing