From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Linda Hagedorn <000005cf4637de00-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2024 4:35:54 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Subject: RACF, external password management

My company wants an external password manager to substitute for RACF. I need to
know if anyone has experience with this, or common password matching in RACF.
Background Regulations NYDFS require preventing common passwords to be used.
Vendor

My company wants an external password manager to substitute for RACF.
I need to know if anyone has experience with this, or common password matching
in RACF.

Background
Regulations NYDFS require preventing common passwords to be used.
Vendor tools (Courion, CyberArk, etc.) have a corpus to match password changes
to prevent the use of common passwords.
RACF passwords can be changed from TSO, the internal reader, JCL, Candle
Session manager, etc., so trying to block password changing through RACF and
forcing everyone through one of these 3rd party tools may be near impossible.

Any input is appreciated.  Thanks!  Linda

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any
manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please
reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.