Classification: Confidential

Agreed!

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Anthony Hirst
Sent: Tuesday, March 5, 2024 7:18 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: How to reduce the overhead of WLM?

[CAUTION: This Email is from outside the Organization. Unless you trust the
sender, Don’t click links or open attachments as it may be a Phishing email,
which can steal your Information and compromise your Computer.]

If you are running a lot of CICS regions, you might want to look at reducing
the mastask values, my understanding is that WLM create's PB for every possible
active task in CICS and they get scanned every 250 ms too.

On Mon, Mar 4, 2024 at 10:15 PM Jim Mulder <d10j...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>   The most important thing is RMPTTOM for reducing the SRM timer pop
> overhead.
> Note that Timer DIE processing is uncaptured time.
>
>   My IEAOPTxx  for running under  VM  has
>
> RMPTTOM=30000             /*REDUCE SRM INVOKATION FREQUENCY ON VM */
>
>   And that is a value we set a couple of decades ago, and haven't
> thought much about it since.
> You might want it even higher for faster machines than we had back then.
>
>   I suggested some years ago that SRM should self-tune the timer pop
> interval to be less frequent at low utilization, but I haven't gotten
> any traction on that so far..
>
> Jim Mulder

::DISCLAIMER::
________________________________
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission.
The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore
not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or
opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and
may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any
form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written
consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for
viruses and other defects.