REXX can indeed be quite tricky to navigate. I recently conducted a session
titled "Python for REXX programmers" at work, and during the preparation, I was
surprised (although not entirely) by the numerous traps and pitfalls inherent
in REXX. When you add to this its absence of basic functionalities like sorting
lists, it begs the question: Why opt for REXX when we have a plethora of
alternatives available today?

The obvious answer may be familiarity, but in our industry, this argument seems
rather weak unless you're confined to a limited environment. After all, I
wouldn't want to revert to using a 1990s-era flip-top phone, let alone a rotary
dial from the 1970s.