Just like any profession, 20% of the IT professionals are highly qualified. The
rest have achieved by luck, nepotism, favoritism, or connections. Of all the
managers I’ve had, the best ones don’t micromanage because they were confident
in their ability to hire qualified people. I’ve worked on code that was written
by imbeciles and I’ve worked on code that was brilliant. Back when I first
started, I supported code that was written in the 60’s. No documentation
(written or inside the code) and nearly impossible to follow. Those hired in
1960’s IT had very little if any IT experience, very little training, (the
company trained them) and most had nothing more than a high school diploma.

Code reviews are dumb and not needed by good programmers.

Good programmers today can command a very good wage.

AI people are easily making 6 figures.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, March 15, 2024, 8:24 PM, Don Leahy <don.le...@leacom.ca> wrote:

I try to never show my code to a manager. No good can come from it.