Tx.

I think the answer is in the volume operand (I marked it in red). The
reason I use volume operand is that the source of the dataset information
is APF, where the dataset does not have to be cataloged. If the volume
value is not SMS, I allocate it with the volume information. otherwise I
ignore the volume information (SMS).

ITschak

VOLUME(serial_list)specifies the serial number(s) of an eligible direct
access volume(s) on which a new data set is to reside or on which an old
data set is located. If you specify VOLUME for an old data set, the data
set must be on the specified volume(s) for allocation to take place. If you
do not specify VOLUME, new data sets are allocated to any eligible direct
access volume. Eligibility is determined by the UNIT information in your
procedure entry in the user attribute data set (UADS). You can specify up
to 255 volume serial numbers.

With SMS, the VOLUME operand is not suggested. The system determines the
UNIT and VOLUME from the storage class (STORCLAS operand) associated with
the data set. If SMS does not manage the data set and you want to allocate
a data set to a *specific* volume, explicitly specify VOLUME.

*| **Itschak Mugzach | Director | SecuriTeam Software **|** IronSphere
Platform* *|* *Information Security Continuous Monitoring for Z/OS, zLinux
and IBM I **|  *

*|* *Email**: i_mugz...@securiteam.co.il **|* *Mob**: +972 522 986404 **|*
*Skype**: ItschakMugzach **|* *Web**: www.Securiteam.co.il  **|*