I see that Sri Hari Kolusu posted before I got done.

But here is another set of things you may want to look at (assuming you haven't already): EAGGXOB in prefix.SEAGSAM. It has a sample for setting up to invoke REXX from a COBOL program. [our system is in the process of migrating, so certain libraries are not available to me now, so I can't find the "prefix" for SEAGSAM so I could copy the sample to here.]

For tracing purposes, in the called REXX that does not return with a value, put in a "TS" (Trace Start). This will cause trace to run in a non-interactive environment. To stop it  use "TE" (Trace End). In my case, this writes out to SYSTSPRT.

I hope this helps you.

Steve Thompson