Thanks for the input.

I understand the constraints described by the other posters.  I was hoping for
something that was indigenous for the OS in a similar way to how z/OSMF was
managing it but as y’all pointed , they rolled their own and it doesn’t fit.

My current experiments are a tenant.plex.sysname.smfid.defaultip and then hash
that string into an opaque value.  Tenant can be anything I or a customer
supplies that defines a unit for them.  Not perfect by a stretch but we’ll see
how far down the road it takes me.

z/OS is honestly hard to quantify is its a host platform for runtimes as well
as other hosts like zCX and z/OS containers in USS as well as a number of other
subtleties that makes it hard to define in a general way.

Matt Hogstrom
m...@hogstrom.org <mailto:m...@hogstrom.org>