You are articutlaing the complications well.  As you mentioned:

We looked at LPARNAME, CEC and serial number but those are also ephemeral over
time but could be used to trace provenance.

Looking into the XCF/SYSPLEX System ID as that seems to have the stability I’m
looking for.

It sounds like an odd request but when your looking to analyze a lot of data
over a period of time its really a necessity.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Matt Hogstrom