My colleagues point out an interesting anniversary. IBM introduced OS/VS2
Release 2 (IBM Program Number 5752-VS2) on July 3, 1974. The history is a
little complicated, but essentially it's the date when "MVS" was born. Today's
z/OS 3.1 operating system is the direct, lineal descendent of OS/VS2 Release 2.
Of course z/OS is vastly more capable and broader in scope.

Happy 50th anniversary!

OS/VS2 Release 2 was WAY before my time. Do you have any personal memories?

—————
Timothy Sipples
Senior Architect
Digital Assets, Industry Solutions, and Cybersecurity
IBM Z/LinuxONE, Asia-Pacific
sipp...@sg.ibm.com