On 5/23/2013 9:57 AM, Mike Schwab wrote:
z/TSM is being used, has been obsolete, is going out of support, and
may not work on z/OS 2.1.

Does anyone have a comparison of the backup and restore alternatives
that work while the application is running?
TSM on AIX,
FDR Upstream Unix,
CA Disk Backup and Restore for Unix System Services,
Others?

After IBM stabilized TSM for z/OS at the 5.5 level, we deployed a hipersocket-connected RHEL Linux for z image where we currently run TSM 6.2. What's nice is that we can still use TSM clients on z/OS for both backup and administrative purposes and TSM still uses host-attached tape drives.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc