From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Mike Schwab
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:58 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: z/OS Unix System Services Backups

z/TSM has been obsolete, is going out of support, and may or may not
work on z/OS 2.1.
We backup the root system on the IPL volumes with ADRDSSU.
The system HFS/zFS are backed up with ADRDSSU Logical, and is OK since
they don't have running applications.

Application HFS/zFS are backed up with z/TSM and attempts to use
ADRDSSU resulted in hangs due to the quiescent request.

z/TSM is being used, has been obsolete, is going out of support, and
may not work on z/OS 2.1.

Does anyone have a comparison of the backup and restore alternatives
that work while the application is running?
TSM on AIX,
FDR Upstream Unix,
CA Disk Backup and Restore for Unix System Services,
Others?

--
Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA