Hello Terry,

Here's what's happened .. three days before my original post, I had emailed IBM but heard nothing thus the post. Sent a reminder email to IBM and got an instant response and as Friday wore on, a solution (they're good).

It seems that what I'd learned here and did was correct. The missing bit was as simple as making a copy of DFH420.SVTSC.PROCLIB(CICSTS42) to my VENDOR.PROCLIB (apparently being on the pecking chain (which was in the Dallas documentation but I knew too little to comprehend)) and concatenating a // DD DSN=VENDOR.LOADUSER,DISP=SHR (where I stick pgms and maps) to the DFHRPL stmt therein .. is an example of your 'pristine' I think.

.. anyway my menu scrn appeared! Am a happy camper. Everything's simple - if you know how.

Small downside was getting PROG755's in some of my maps that never appeared with the same transaction in TXSeries .. will work on that before coming back here:-).

In the meantime I would very much thank you and all who helped, am learning more of CICS tous le temps.
Graham
------