From:         Adam <zosp...@outlook.com>
Sender:       IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Date:         Tue, 18 Jun 2013 05:38:56
To: <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Subject: Unix ID command and username value

We have a system where two RACF userids are defined with the same uid.  (This
is deliberate and is intended to simplify access using NFS and other OS.)

My question is about the username value that is displayed in response to the
"id" command (and as file owner).

The same applies to use of uid(0). For example,  if I logon to TSO with a
userid (TSSAAA) that has a uid(0) and I issue the "id" command from "TSO OMVS",
it will return:
"uid=0(TSSXXX) gid=... groups=..."
but TSSXXX is not my userid, but that of a colleague who also has uid(0).

According to the documentation - "The output has the format:
     uid=runum(username) gid=rgnum(groupname)
where runum is the user's real user ID (UID) number, username is the user's
real user name"

When there are two (or more) RACF userids with the same uid in the OMVS
segment, how is the value in username determined?

Thanks,

Adam