From:         Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org>
Sender:       IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Date:         Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:37:23
To: <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Subject: Auditing vendor source code

When you are dealing with vendors of a smaller scale than IBM, BMC or CA,
and you are installing a product that will run APF authorized, how do you
assure yourselves that the product is not stealing your secrets, or allowing
others to do so (the famous magic SVC)? Do you audit source code? How does
that process work such that it protects the vendor's IP rights while still
satisfying you or your auditors?

I'm on the vendor side of the equation, but I'm trying to put myself in the
customer's shoes. Replies from either customers or vendors are welcome.

Thanks,

Charles