Sam is correct.

Without giving away a whole lot of details, the code is in a position such
that it could for example (were it malicious) suppress certain security
auditing. (Any APF authorized program can basically do anything, of course,
but it would be fairly trivial for it to do something like I describe.) So
it would not necessarily be in great a position to steal customer data
itself, but if we were malicious, and conspired with a rogue employee, we
could perhaps jointly steal valuable data.

A particular prospect has specifically asked about the possibility of
auditing the source code. I am wondering how that might be handled such that
they were satisfied, but could not steal our IP, nor learn how to defeat our
"keys." I pictured for example opening a folder of code on my PC and letting
them view it by WebEx. I would browse the code for them as they directed. It
would be very difficult for them to steal enough source code in that way to
"steal the product," but it might reassure them. How would they know that
what they saw was what got built? Beats the heck out of me.

My scenario above is not an outlandish hypothesis that could never really
happen. Consider the following, from a presentation I give. I would guess
you can get details from the Google.

Bank of America Insider Theft
Employees sold customer information to prison-based identity theft gang
Cost Bank of America more than $10 million

Celebration, Florida Hospital Records Theft
Registration clerk searched 760,000 patient records for accident victims
Sold data to third party who solicited for chiropractic and legal services

South Carolina Health and Human Services
Employee e-mailed himself 228,435 patient records, including ID numbers

LSU Hospital Identity Theft
Billing clerk used database check images to create fake checks and IDs
416 patients victimized

South Carolina Department of Revenue Breach
74 GB of tax return data including SSNs stolen with employee's credentials
Employee had fallen victim to phishing attack

Texas Department of Health and Human Services
Worker used patient immunization records to obtain credit cards online

Charles