from what I could see the python code to submit a job to jes2 would only
involve the following.. after the login of course.

I've been able to put files and retrieve files from the mainframe but the job
submission
stumps me... If I could get that working I would could run the entire process
from the pc ..

# note quote already done by ftplib so no quote .. this works fine
ftp.voidcmd( "site file=JES" )
# Attempt to upload the file
f = open('tjcl.txt', r)
ftp.storlines("STOR",f) <-- this is what fails..<<
ftp.quit()
error_perm: 501 Invalid data set name. Use MVS Dsname conventions. - but I am
not trying to send a dataset up
just the a jobcard and iefbr14 in a text file???

any assistance would be greatly appreciated..
thanks..