On 2013-06-25 16:50, Roberts, John J wrote:
> Maybe the SITE command needs to be "SITE FILETYPE=JES".  That's what I use
> when I use the FTP class library for DotNet from Kellerman software.

An experiment with FTP from the command line:

    Remote system type is MVS.
    ftp> quote site filetype=jes
    200 SITE command was accepted
    ftp> quote site file=jes
    200 SITE command was accepted
    ftp> quote site fil=jes
    200-Unrecognized parameter 'fil=jes' on SITE command.
    200 SITE command was accepted
    ftp> quote site fubar
    200-Unrecognized parameter 'fubar' on SITE command.
    ftp> quit
    221 Quit command received. Goodbye.

BTW, I am exceedingly unhappy with the "200" status codes from
the last two SITE commands, but IBM has some twisted logic
according to whichthe behavior is proper.  From a more rational
(Solaris) server:

    Remote system type is UNIX.
    Using binary mode to transfer files.
    ftp> quote site checksum /etc/services