PR/SM Planning Guide spells it out.

Thomas Ambros
Operating Systems and Connectivity Engineering
518-436-6433

From:   Tom Ambros <thomas_amb...@keybank.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Date:   07/11/2013 09:20
Subject:        Central Storage reallocation on z9 - requirement to be
contiguous?
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

z9 with three partitions, activated in order A, B, C.  No reserved storage

defined.  We need to remove some storage from C and assign it to A.
Without any operations on B, can we deactivate C, reduce initial storage,
reactivate it and then deactivate A later that night, increase initial
storage and reactivate it successfully?  I do not see any mention of a
requirement for contiguous storage in the z9 Tech Guide, it says only that

the storage can come from any unused storage or storage released from
another partition.   Thanks...

Thomas Ambros
Operating Systems and Connectivity Engineering
518-436-6433

intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying,
the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This
communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers
directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any
purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the
information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:dnereque...@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails'