Lizette:

Well said.
In the past 40+ years I have done all types of installs. SMPE in the end simplifies installation. I have frequently rejected a product just because that it is not installed via SMPE. I have seen everything from an IEBCOPY to quite complicated installation procedures. Yes it can be cumbersome to install via SMPE but every sysprog that I have worked with (except some well lets say amateur types) have generally liked SMPE(for I&M)
It is far easier to figure out levels of products with SMPE IMO.
I have seen OEM's supply fixes with zaps (and use IDRDATA rather than SMPE) and when all is said and done the level of the product was almost always up in the air and made problem determination less straight forwardas IDRdata is not in a dump.

Ed