From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Richard Verville
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:47 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: ECTG usage

I'm trying to benchmark cputime (under CICS) with pieces of code I'm
changing, ECTG before and ECTG after. I'm zeroing out operand 1 before the
ECTG thus I get a negative value in GPR0(because ETCG subtracts the operand
1 with the timer value) after I'm doing a LCR of GPR0 to get the positive
timer value. If the cputimer went negative during the test (timer
interrupt), the second ECTG is higher than the 1st one and since I don't
know the "refeed" value of the CPUTIMER, I can't tell how much cputime was
spend. I know I could use CICS internal values or statistics) but since they
made ECTG as non-privilege I figured I'd give it a try. So... I'm missing
something in the concept (the refeed value and how many times the interrupt
occured ?) Richard

to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN