I'm observing a curious situation that I'm trying to understand.  Note: I'm not
the wlm sysprog or even an SME by any means, I'm just using the data from a
performance aspect, so I hope this description is clear enough to muddle
through.

SERVICE_CLASS_1 = REPORT_CLASS_1,    so no external stuff to gum up the
example.  If something runs under that service class, it gets reported in that
report class.  Everything was rolling along as expected until Monday.

On Monday at 14:00,  testing in that SC ended,   so SERVICE_CLASS_1 =
REPORT_CLASS_1 = 0 in the reporting periods following the testing halt (as
expected).  Both were still cutting records on 15 minute intervals even though
they only contained zeros.

On Monday at 15:25, the wlm guy activated a new policy.   He swears the only
change was to increase the resource cap of SERVICE_ CLASS_1.

At the next reporting interval (15:30),   SERVICE_CLASS_1 still has same
behavior as prior to the change.   It still cuts a record every 15 minutes,
still containing zeros because no testing is occurring.   However, the
REPORT_CLASS_1 behavior has changed.

There are no longer any records being cut for REPORT_CLASS_1 at all.
Instead of a zero record,  I get no record at all and haven't since 15:15 on
Monday.

WLM guy's theory is that when changes were activated,  the "buckets" were
emptied, and since there hasn't been any new activity since then, that there
won't be any more records cut in REPORT_CLASS_1 until something actually comes
in to that service class.   I'm skeptical because there are still service class
records being cut.   I'm not knowledgeable enough to know whether the behavior
should be the same or different for SC vs RC, whether it's a bug, or whether
something botched up during the last policy change.    And I can't seem to hit
a meaningful search in the vile infocenter to find the correct manual to look
at.

If I can't find an explanation,  I'm going to try to get a transaction executed
to see if his theory is correct, but it's burdensome because this activity
happens to be ddf transactions kicked off remotely on a different platform far
far away.

Thanks,

tom