On 2/08/2013 6:16 PM, Ze'ev Atlas wrote:
Put the following at the top of your source file.

*#define*  *_POSIX_SOURCE*

Wow, it works... thanks

Couple of tips for you. If you really want to use PDS libraries for your C source then you should consider using an option file - see the OPTFILE compiler option http://tinyurl.com/m2kfmz5. You can then define FTMs in the option file so you don't need to modify source code, for example DEF(_ALL_SOURCE). In UNIX we do this with a -D option, -D_ALL_SOURCE which is normally specified in the COPTS variable in a makefile. z/OS UNIX supports several different UNIX standards which are enabled by feature test macros (FTM). They are
documented here http://tinyurl.com/kojn4xe.

IMO, using PDS data sets for open source software packages is going to be a lot of extra work for you. It doesn't make sense to me but I'm sure you have your reasons. It's easy to build
PDS load modules from UNIX but if you must you can do so with JCL.

//LINK    EXEC  PGM=IEWBLINK,
//  PARM='CALL,REUS=RENT,AMODE=31,RMODE=ANY,CASE(MIXED),
//             DYNAM(DLL),COMPAT=(PM4)'
//SYSLMOD  DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=DOC.LOAD
//SYSLIB   DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=CEE.SCEELIB
//         DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS1.CBC.SCLBSID
//         DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS1.CSSLIB
//SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=A
//SYSLIN   DD  DSN=SYS1.CEE.SCEELIB(CELHS003),DISP=SHR
//         DD  DSN=SYS1.CEE.SCEELIB(CELHSCPP),DISP=SHR
//         DD  DSN=SYS1.CEE.SCEELIB(CELHS001),DISP=SHR
//         DD  DSN=SYS1.CEE.SCEELIB(CELHS001),DISP=SHR
//         DD  DSN=SYS1.CEE.SCEELIB(C128),DISP=SHR
//         DD  DSN=SYS1.CBC.SCLBSID(IOSTREAM),DISP=SHR
//         DD  DSN=SYS1.CBC.SCLBSID(COMPLEX),DISP=SHR
//         DD  *
 INCLUDE /u/doc/lua-5.1.5/src/lua
 INCLUDE /u/doc/lua-5.1.5/src/liblua.x
 ENTRY   CEESTART
 NAME    LUA(R) RC=0
/*

BTW, I would *seriously* advise you to to build your software in the
UNIX file system and not PDS members. The only time I use a PDS is when
I'm forced to by
my employers and that's because our home grown SCM product is not UNIX
aware. You can then enjoy all the benefits and tools available on UNIX,
like makefiles.
When I first designed the port I made the decision to work in classic z/OS
environment so even people who by their employer's preference or just old
habit, have to work that way, could use it.  I may or may not decide the same
for the next open source project.  However, I would appreciate if you point me
to documentation about make files, etc. in z/OS.

ZA