On 4/08/2013 9:59 PM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Sun, 4 Aug 2013 16:30:21 +0800, David Crayford  wrote:
4. build the software

     cd pcre-8.33
     ./configure --enable-ascii && gmake
Simple as that. Took less than 10 minutes end-to-end.

Surprising.  I never got configure to run in less than 10 minutes
under zzzzzz/OS Unix.  (Much faster on a real UNIX system.)

The configure script took less than 3 minutes on our z/114.

(What does --enable-ascii do?  I thought ZA reported using
ENABLE_EBCDIC.)

PCRE is already EBCDIC enabled. --enable-ascii just turns on the EBCDIC FTMs. It's always feels like a victory when you stumble across a package that has already done the EBCDIC slog for you. When that package is regular expressions it is so much sweeter.

-- gil