On Aug 7, 2013, at 4:08 PM, John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Too true. Looks more like an Intel vs. ARM future. I'm not enough of a
> computer scientist to know which is "better". I stopped learning the Intel
> architecture in the i568 time frame. I did _not_ like it. I have looked a
> bit at ARM and I would likely have been a RISC bigot back in the day.

I don't have strong feelings about any particular architecture, but I do think
we all have a compelling interest that the number of common, commercially
available hardware architectures be greater than one. In fact, I think three
would be better than two, so if IBM can reignite interest in the Power
architecture, then good.

--
Curtis Pew (c....@its.utexas.edu)
ITS Systems Core