Based on other past manuals, I might have expected the two-column text
format here as well, but the z/OS 2.1 migration manual I find at
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/e0z3m100.pdf
does seem to have all text sections in single-column format. I
understand Marna's confusion.

The Table of Contents is indeed two columns, and probably every table in
the document is two or more columns; but there's not much use for even
formatting data into a table if you are going to limit all tables to one
dimension.
        J. C. Ewing

--
Joel C. Ewing,    Bentonville, AR       jcew...@acm.org