On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 12:54:41 -0500, Walt Farrell wrote:

>RACF encrypts the user ID using the password as the key, and stores the
>encrypted user ID. The password itself is not saved, in any form.

What happens when the user ID changes?  (We suffer a corporate
standard that user ID _shall_ be (truncated) surname plus first
initial, slight flex allowed, only to avoid collisions.  Guess what.)
Is there any option to allow use of the encrypted UID, which is
relatively stable?  Open Systems admins made the rule; they're
not burdened with DSN prefixes.  (Actually, the rule hasn't been
enforced on mainframes; so far we're under the radar, but what
if?)

-- gil