mmjuma wrote:

>Some one in our section, he was able to download RACF data base file
>SYS1.RACF.PRIM ...

You and that someone should stay away from my z/OS! Your protection of RACF DB
and all its backups are pathetic. UACC should be NONE (see other's replies).

>... via ftp to PC,

Your FTP is unprotected!

>...then he used some tool.

With any of the available freebies you can download.

>... He was able to get uid and password of some users.

As others said, only when you completed a brute force attack. No passwords are
stored at all on the RACF DB and all its backups. Not even IRRDBU00 writes out
protected fields.

>He had now access to the file in mainframe.

Fire him. And the RACF admin too.

>I want to understand what happend, and how to protect against such issue.

Do a full review of your machine security. First, UACC=NONE on your RACF DB and
all its backup. Then your PROGRAM class and FTP, then everything else.

And stay away from my machine.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht