On 9/10/2013 3:29 AM, efinnell15 wrote:
There was a 'Universal Train'. I don't remember the number. It only
had two  of most one of some and was pretty slow. One Dept. used it
for Don Quixote concordance trying to prove or disprove Cervantes was
author. Don't know what outcome was. They ran that darn thing most
weekends just for spite.

For a small fee, IBM would build a train with any characters you want. The closest I know to a "standard" universal train was the layout set by the American Library Association, used for card catalogs, etc. It was referred to as the ALA train, but I coded the UCS member as UN (and later U11). Yours may or may not have been the same scheme? The curious may find a copy of the definition on CBT update file 860.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, Vermont