Elardus,

TRUE story.. and this occurred at YOUR installation in the late 70's :

We lost the main IMS database , with all the information of all the people that needed to "klaar out".. .or move on , with their normal lives.. because they forced some of us, to donate two years of our lives to military service or to defend our country because the communists was about to invade or take over.. or so we were told, on a daily/weekly basis.

The DBA manager at the time ? Ray Russel

Why did we lose the Database ? Because of pointer errors and none of the database backups were actually working. They ran daily/weekly/monthly but nobody actually checked that they actually completed successfully. It was not important in those days, to check return codes.

What then happened ?

We worked the whole weekend, non stop , writing assembler programs to manually try and fix pointer errors , on the broken files, etc. etc.

Summary

I am digressing... so lets get back to the subject/topic...
"pissing contest" ? The most important issue in the 2016 election in the USA and a new movie on the movie circuit this week ?

http://billmoyers.com/episode/full-show-inequality-for-all/

Kerneels