On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 09:10:00 -0400, John Gilmore wrote:

>I am sure that outsourced security varies in quality and
>effectiveness, as does perforce 'outsourced' auditing.

In fact, the rationale of dissolving collusions was suggested to
me decades ago, by someone unfamiliar with IT, in the context
of physical plant security; preventing pilfering of physical assets.

(Among the obvious targets are model shops; one can arrange
to divert *anything* from a model shop.  I recall a case locally
where an employee of a model shop at a highly secure Federal
installation had diverted enough materials to build a spiral
stairway in his house worth $15K:

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/11/06/us/gift-orders-filled-at-top-secret-shop-of-colorado-nuclear-weapon-plant.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

But no maple syrup.)

But the principle is the same as staggering vacations  in
financial institutions to dissolve collusions.

-- gil